Here at Spandexless, we spent our entire weekend soaked in our own drool, mouths agape at the waves and waves of new information oozing out of Image Expo. Sadly, we couldn't attend, but we've got the juiciest bits from the inaugural event here with even more info coming throughout the day.
- Our friends over at The Beat have collected Image Expo in pictures. Check those out here.
- The Beat also attended the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund (or, CBLDF panel and covered it here. If you are at all interested in the legal issues surrounding freedom of speech in the comic industry, go here.
- Bleeding Cool gives us this announcement about an Image Comics documentary, brought to us by the creator of the Warren Ellis and Grant Morrison documentaries, Patrick Meaney. I can highly recommend the previous two documentaries, and am enthusiastically looking forward to the third.
- One of the most hotly anticipated titles from Image has been Brian K. Vaughn's Saga, and The Beat has this liveblog with Vaughn and artist, Staples.
- One of our favorite series, Skullkickers, is hosting a contest for writers and artists to get their work published in an upcoming issue of Skullkickers. Multivserity has the details.
- Rounding out the news with a song in our hearts, Image Comics announced that their series Moriarty (written by Daniel Corey, illustrated by Anthony Diecidue) would be turned into a full fledged stage musical! The musical will be written by Corey, but the score will be composed by Raynmond Schurr. Check out more information at the Moriarty website.